Friday, January 21

All Packed Up and Ready to Go

I was so excited this past Tuesday to finish my sketchbook, pack it up in brown paper, address it to the Art Library in Brooklyn, and send it off in the post. I'm happy with the finished book, but I do regret not spending more time on it - both in doing the work and in planning the layout of the book.
I didn't fill the entire book as they sent it. Many of the pages at the back of the book were perforated along the spine, allowing you to neatly remove them and reduce the total number of pages in the book. A feature which I took advantage of. Also, each page reads as a standalone rather than the book as a whole acting as more of a narrative. I don't know if I would prefer having a linear "story" in the book, but I do wish there was a bit more flow; that the transition from one page to the next felt a bit more natural. Ah well, live and learn. Luckily, I have the Fiction Project to start fresh with in the next few days, and the next Sketchbook Project will be open soon.

Because of the number of images I decided to upload the complete book in two slideshows on my tumblr rather than posting them all here (scrolldown a little and start with part 1) . I will however, post three of my favourite spreads from my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment