Sunday, September 29

Some Recent Work

While I haven't been making new work as often lately, I wanted to do a quick post about a series of two I did during the summer. I found the patterned paper at The Paper Place and really like them both so I decided to do something with them. It helped that I had two empty 16" x 20" frames just sitting in my closet waiting to be filled. 

I'm still doing a lot with text, and I took a summer class in which I made a zine (post on that soon). These I did for myself. I'm not too crazy about them, to be honest. I like the patterns and I like the text, but something about them falls flat for me. Oh well, the most important thing to me is that I make new work when I'm inspired to, and see the results as developments toward something rather than always trying to produce perfectly finished work all the time. Anyway, that's all for now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment