Sunday, January 9

I'm Back!


My little hiatus has gone on long enough. I'm back and ready to be here week to week, making good quality posts and most importantly, making new work and new goals. Thanks for sticking with me.

I'll be brief about my New Year plans - I'll go into everything a little later (I think that will be a good weekly goal post). I'll just say that 2011 is off to a good, productive start.


A couple weeks ago, I dropped by The Paper Place and picked up a few things. I had some time to kill on Queen West and I decided to camp out at Second Cup and make some new work.
I bought pretty washi tape as well as some paper cut out dots and letterpressed recipe cards from the aforementioned Drop Around. It was fun just to sit around and make new work with what I had on hand. The work follows:



These three are meant as a little series of three. I plan on framing them and using them both as new work for my class, and as models for the larger works I plan on doing for the class as well.
I've already applied for space to show the new work I'm doing, and I'm also looking to do a two-person show with a good friend of mine.

Whew. I know that was a quick little post, but there's a lot I want to cover, and not a lot of time at the moment (I need to leave for work in 20 minutes and I still have bed hair and slippers on). Don't worry though, I plan on doing more posts in the very near future - and I'll get through everything. There's also going to be a lot more new work to see, so stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment