Sunday, March 28

One New Drawing, and a Love Letter to Photography

I have a new drawing this week, but the scanner I use is on campus. I'll scan it and post it later today. I wanted to post now because, frankly, I'm late. After only three posts (excluding this one) I don't feel I've earned the right to be all "sorry I haven't posted in so long, I've been busy blah blah". But I'm sorry I haven't posted. I've been busy. Blah Blah.

I've been busy because the school year is coming to a close. It's scary because I'm graduating. In about a week and a half, I'll be done with undergrad. Any excitement I may feel at the prospect of being able to put letters (BFA!) after my name is overshadowed at the moment by due dates that creep closer by the minute and hang over my head like angry, angry clouds.

A further reason for my business and subsequent neglect to this blog project (bloject?) has been photography. I have one assignment left, and I want to make it a good one. I have studied analog black and white photography for every school year since 2005 (with the exception of 2007 - digital photography, pffft). This is the final year I'll be able to do it and my last assignment is due a week from tomorrow. I'll miss it. Not for the taking pictures, I can still take pictures, but for the process. I'll be hand-processing my last ever roll of film this afternoon and printing thorughout the week. This is my last week of coming home smelling like vinegar and death. Goodbye, darkroom. We had a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment