Saturday, February 12

The Daily Grind


Lately I've been getting weekends off, so I actually have some semblance of normalcy - that is, a normal work life. I get to push through the daily grind Monday to Friday and then sit back and enjoy my weekend - two glorious, back to back days of...whatever I want.
And what I want today is to tackle a couple of my New Year's Resolutions.

One of those goals was to top 50 on TIFF's 100 Essential Cinema List. As soon as I post this, I'm popping in a blu ray of The 400 Blows (the pic above is a still).

Another of my goals was to take more photos. That's my kitty Paul up there.
And lastly, I also had a goal to apply to more shows. I'm meeting up with a friend tonight to make plans for a two person show and we'll be submitting applications soon.

Aaaand, I know it's not Thursday, but I've got a top three to post. Another of my resolutions was to finally finish my weight loss goal from 2008. In 2008 I lost about 60 pounds. I've got 15 to lose and so I'm back to doing the only thing that worked...counting calories. I've lost three pounds in the last ten days and I just came back from a great morning at the gym. That said, I'm posting three of my favourite foods, calorie considerations aside.

I could eat ice cream by the ...tubfull? I know it's not a word, but put a tub (or any other receptacle) of ice cream in front of me and I'll eat it all. I. Love. It. Favourite flavours? mint chocolate, Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, and vanilla frozen yogurt. (image credit)

Cereal. Not this cereal in particular (I've never tried C-3PO's but the box made me lol) but I really love cereal. Mostly the healthy, fibre-y kinds, but also fruit loops and various toast crunches (cinnamon and french toast). The scene in Forgetting Sarah Marshall where Jason Segal eats a mixing bowl full of cereal could easily be me.

Last but not least, burgers. There are few foods that I actually get cravings for. Especially savoury ones. Burgers are one of them. This particular image is from Burgers Priest, one of my favourite burgers in Toronto. For my non vegetarian Torontonian friends, hop on the subway, make the trip east and eat this burger. (image credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment