Monday, August 2

6 month blog-verasry!


It's been six months since I started this little project, and since I posted new work yesterday, I figured I'd post some pictures of my workspace - my little corner of the room I lovingly refer to as my studio. I've explained before how I work in a little nest of stuff, all piled around an empty spot I sit in, with all of my pens, pencils, scissors, glue, coffee, etc at reach.
This photo is my favourite, and it includes my favourite piece of equipment - my typewriter. I bought it 5 years ago at Value Village and I've replaced the tape once. Sitting down in front of it always inspires me to come up with something, (even a few angsty poems I wrote after drinking a whole bottle of wine in 2005).


More junk, including my new screenprint squeegee and the boat tin I keep my sewing stuff in. And of course, the empty coffee cup from two days ago.


The thing on top of the black box is the folder where I keep all of my medium bits of patterned paper. Small ones go into a clear envelope, big ones stay in a large, flat paper bag. The other box is marked "fabric" and it's where all the medium and small bits of fabric live. The big pieces have a drawer.


The coarkboard hangs over my desk and houses some recent drawings as well as friend's art show invites and a few business cards.


My scanner! (And old laptop)


My cat Dee Dee, unimpressed at being woken up from his nap with a camera lens inching ever closer to his little nose. He is a constant fixture while I'm working, usually choosing to plop his fat self down on whatever piece of paper I'm trying to work on.
________________________________________________________________

Well, that's it for now, folks. Until next week! (And here's hoping for another great 6 months!)

2 comments:

  1. I love these photos! Thanks for sharing! Beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read those angsty poems. Please have another bottle of wine and post them, haha.

    ReplyDelete